Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sewing Project Update

The Halloween banner that I showed you on here a few weeks ago is finished and then I went on to Frosty the snowman. No, he isn't my Christmas door hanger but he will be my winter decor. January and February if I can stand his gaudy self that long. A few things about him: I embellished him with real buttons on his cuffs and down his front, the flag wasn't suppose to be quilted and instead glued to a dowel and glued to him. I didn't like that so I quilted it and am going to tack it on where you see it pinned.


The flag had white dots for the stars and just looked rather plain so I decided to embellish it with clear and white buttons in various sizes. I believe it turned out rather well. The button stars give it a more country feel I think.

I finally got my sheets tore into strips and started my rug.  I'm freestyling here on the pattern and the color changing.  Flying by the seat of my pants to put it plain and simple.

I started mom's lap throw.  These are flannel receiving blankets, cut into strips and sewn together.  After the front and back are sewn together you go back and snip about every inch or so and then toss in the dyer to sort of fray the edges.  I thought she might stand out more and make more of a statement with this type instead of the traditional quilted throws!  One side is sunny yellows and the other is pretty pinks.  







Things are coming along. Of course, like everyone else, for every project I complete, two more takes it's place.  But..........

Busy hands are happy hands!

Until next time.......Kristi.