Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Piece of History

My Mother-in-law's new play pretty.


The ironic part is that leading up to her bringing this home, we, that is chuck and myself, had been toying with the idea of closing in a part of our back porch off the kitchen and getting a wood stove to suppliment our gas heat and also give us an alternative cooking source in a power outage.  Now I never hope to acquire such a gem as the one pictured above, but was thinking along the lines of what my father has;  a little flat top stove.  One where I could set my cast iron dutch oven and cook stew, soup, chili, or a pot a beans all day.   An oven for making biscuits would be a wonderful bonus but I'm not holding my breath.  Plus, like I said we were just toying with the idea because it would take a lot of work and a lot of material to do that but it doesn't hurt to dream! 
 Anyway hope you enjoy the pics and I hope she enjoys her treasure; her own little piece of history.  I wish it could talk and tell us all the stories it must of heard while chicks and children, puppies and hearts were warmed while standing around that little stove.