Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pie Crust


I have mentioned pie crusts a lot on here during Use it Up Wednesdays. In almost sixteen years of being a wife I have tried plenty of crust recipes. I never had a favorite until Charlie’s Uncle David gave us his pie crust recipe eight years ago.

It is the only one I have used since. I love that I can roll it as soon as I mix it up. None of this “waiting thirty minutes while it chills before rolling” stuff. It is truly a never fail recipe.

Pie crusts only take a few minutes and they make a huge difference in taste for very little money. They are great for homemade pot pies, quiche, fried pies, and of course all those great visions of sugary delights pies.


Uncle David’s Never Fail Pie Crust

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup boiling water
3/4 cup shortening
2 Tbsp milk

Heat water to boiling.  (I pop it in the microwave for a minute).  Add to the shortening and salt; cream.  Then blend in flour and milk.  Roll out on a floured board or roll out on wax paper.  Makes 2 pie crusts.