Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Definition of Backward

One definition of backward in my dictionary is: in the reverse of the usual or right way.I have my own example of backward. I had this beautiful dining table. It took me a long time to find this table. Once I got it home I proceeded to cover it up to protect it from getting scratched. I protected it so well you couldn't see the shiny wood grain surface. That is until a freak accident happened (by this I mean a boy with a glow stick, a leaking glow stick, came along and ate through the table cloth and the clear coat. note: the liquid from the glow stick ate through the material not the boy, at least, that's what they tell me.


Now that the surface was no longer perfect I didn't feel I had to cover it anymore. I covered it when it was beautiful and uncovered it when it was imperfect. How's that for backward? The thing is I'm loving this table so much more now and I don't really dwell on its imperfection. It didn't change the fact that I still love this table. How silly I was to keep something so enjoyable from my family. We should have been eating on this uncovered table from day one. I felt ashamed at having cried over it when it was a blessing in disguise. It also made me mindful of how privileged we are that God sees past our imperfections and loves us as we are.