Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Leaping Lizards

A few weeks ago I was lounging out by the pool, reading a book.  I felt something brush against my leg.  Thinking it was the fly that had tormented me since walking outside, I casually shrugged it off.  But in doing so I happened to look down toward the culprit only to discover it isn't a fly but a lizard.  Now I'm not prejustice toward reptiles but this took me by surprise and I quickly over reacted.  My sudden movements startled the intruder in my paradise and he .......leaped.  At least it looked like he leaped and in the direction I thought he leaped would have landed him in the pool.  Now I'm concerned for the lizard that may be at this moment drowning.  Leaning over the edge I don't see him in the pool.  All this activity alerts my husband who is also relaxing outside.  I explain what happened all the while still scanning the pool for the lizard.  The Husband spies him on the far side of the pool,  the filter is running and swirling the water and propelling him rapidly toward the skimmer.  Now I'm in full life saving mode.  I run to the pool storage to find the net.  I locate the net but just in time to see Lizzie get sucked into the skimmer.  It's only a matter of time before the suction will wear him out and he'll drown if we don't do something.  Hubby is out of his chair and down the stairs like a shot.  Once at the skimmer he scoops Lizzie out to the edge and onto the pool and to safety, where he blasts off toward the ground thinking that water is definitely for the insane and land is a good thing... that is until the dog, that up until this time has taken this all in with mild interest, pounces on the just saved Lizzie.  I'm happy to report that with me barking orders to the dog (pun intended) to put the lizard down, along with some mild scolding, Lizzie was released and took off to the security and coolness underneath the deck.  I don't know exactly how many lives a lizard has, but I think Lizzie should really consider taking early retirement.  Until next time....Kristi.