Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Arguing With Myself

I decided to paint a small cabinet a few weeks back. I took it apart, I sanded it, I wiped it down, I let it dry. Then came the primer. I remember the first brush stroke I did. And doubt set in, in the form of my alter ego.

What are you doing? There was nothing wrong with this cabinet. So what if you didn't notice it anymore. So what if it blended in with the paneling. It was still in perfect shape. What if you are ruining it?
I'm not ruining it, I'm breathing new life into it.
It looks like you are ruining it.
It's just the primer, the paint will look different.
You know you haven't put that much primer on, we could probably wash it off with water and pretend this never happened.
I have to do something, I already sanded it.
So just put a clear coat back on it. I bet clear fingernail polish would work in a pinch!
It would not! And I am going to do this. I said I was going to do this and I am going to do it. Good or bad!
Well the primer sure made it look just grand! We could just set fire to it and no one would have to know about this little decorating mistake. What do you say?
The paint will be better, I think. I hope. You are confusing me.
The paint IS better than the primer but is there suppose to be a thick run of paint right there?
Where? Oh well, where it's going no one will see it.
And if they do?
We'll tell them we were going for shabby chic.
Hey that's good! Shabby chic, huh?
Yep, I always knew that phrase in decorating would come in handy one day.
Definitely!
See sometimes we do agree.
Sometimes.

Until next time.............Kristi/Kristi