Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Update

I started this blog to share with you my life, no matter how chaotic. Seems all I have published lately are very wordy posts about thoughts. (But I did warn you there would be those too.) I have been working on projects, too many at one time I believe, because I no more than finish one when I dive into the next one. But I am accomplishing a few things on my list.
The first thing I did this year was back up all my photos on to jump drives and place in the safety deposit box at the bank. I have wanted to do this for many years and this year it finally happened. I not only backed up digital, I scanned in all photos from albums and portraits hanging on the walls. I even borrowed an album from my mom and scanned my baby pics. when I was through I had scanned 490 pictures. And yes I could have found ten more to make it an even 500 but 490 was enough scanning for me.

The latest project I worked on was cds. I have cds and dvds that we created and we titled but didn't list individually what was on each one. So I have went back over them and made labels for them. Our computer has a labeler in which you buy a special disc and flip it over then it labels the top so you don't have to worry about applying a sticker. But they are pretty expensive and considering the discs are already made I didn't want to have to go back and reburn them all. A sticker is fine by me. Plus I downloaded pretty wallpapers and funky wallpapers to use as cd cover backgrounds. Some I have used actual pictures of us to personalize a few of them. They have turned out rather well. So far I had made sixty labels, but there are a few more to do.

I completed my new filing system, in which I use binders instead of filing cabinets.These are working out though they could use a little tweaking. I want to detail these in another post complete with pictures.

Then there are the decorating projects around the house that I will post pics of these next few weeks in hopes of your comments as to whether they should go or stay.

All in all not to bad. Like I said I'm getting things done. Ok, ok, the truth?..... I'm suppose to be painting my cabinets, but I keep coming up with these projects instead. As long as there are other projects keeping me busy I don't have time to mess up ur... I mean paint my cabinets. So do you have anymore project ideas or need help with your projects? I'm running out over here. ;)