Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Part 1

I had a post in mind the other day about things that remind us of childhood and it has slowly spread and become a somewhat mini series about my paternal grandmother. I hadn't realized how much of my childhood memories consist of Granny Alexander and her house until I started this path down memory lane.
Evelyn Louis was her given name but to me she was Granny Alexander.
Granny was large to me. She was tall for a woman but not willowy and not plump. Just a large woman. Stout is the word that comes to mind. Capable. Even in her elderly years I don't ever remember her looking frail.
When I think of her, I think of aprons, chickens, porch swings and wash tubs. I am reminded of how meticulous she was in her housework and what a help meet she was to Granddaddy in work outside of the house. From over flowing gardens to keeping worm beds and raising chickens, Granny seemed to do it all and diligently at that. So I hope you will come back over the next few weeks and get to know this remarkable lady as I remember her.