Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 5, 2010

There's Treasure All Around

Made a stop by Goodwill last week and these are the treasures I found. I know your saying a gaudy candle holder and a dime a dozen cheese board, that's a treasure? It is if you see it's potential. First thing I did was spray paint the candle holder black. Then washed the glass topper (it was a mess when I got it). Put them together and added moss and bark from the woods behind the house and ta-da! I love it!! And I can change out the decor inside with the seasons or whims. Just a note... I kept the wood bottom of the cheese dome. Thought I might give it a good scrubbing and possibly paint it a festive color and use it for holidays. Just steal the glass topper back and I'm ready to take a cheese ball to a family get together.