Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine Prep and Other Ramblings

Last week was a hectic week. Lots of things going on with mom, hospital and doctor appointments, so thanks for the excused leave of absence that I took on Monday.


Now this week appears to be just as hurried. There are so many valentine candies to make early this week. So why am I making them now when Valentine's Day isn't until Monday? Well our anniversary is this Thursday and the Hubs is taking off work and skipping jury duty to plan on a long weekend. Relaxing? Shopping, you say? No to work on a field! LOL! But that's ok we will all enjoy the field. I'll bring you up to date on that another time.


But with all that going on, the candy will have to be made early or I'll have to make it on Valentine's Day itself and who wants to do that. You are suppose to kick back and gorge yourself on the candy that day.


I'm making bon bons this year since I didn't make them at Christmas. I swapped the chocolate covered cherries for the bon bons. Hate me. Plus, making some "almond bark brittle with pink red and white candy corn". Seriously, I think that is the official name.


I fried my finger tips making crepe paper rose balls to decorate with and keep up until spring is in full swing. Would love some sort of "lovey dovey" picture to put in one of the shelves in the living room. I've seen such cute decorations on other blogs this week. I didn't realize so many people decorated for this holiday. Our tradition is homemade candy I make and maybe going out to dinner.


I'm curious to know what you do for Valentine's Day. Do you have any traditions? Do you go all out or just kind of let this one slide by since it doesn't feel like you've recovered from Christmas yet?