Welcome

If you are new here then welcome! Come on in and feel free to look around. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. You might enjoy today's post or you might enjoy older posts under the blog archives on the sidebar. If you'd like to sign up as a follower you can do that on the sidebar as well. I just love to see those smiling faces! You can now follow by email and receive alerts when a new post is published. As always your comments are welcome as long as they are reader friendly. You will find my email under the view my complete profile if you'd like to email me your comment instead. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Homemade Tornado Potatoes


I love Tornado Potatoes.  Different resteraunts call them different things but basically it's a spiral cut potato or thinly sliced potato deep fried, seasoned with cajun, barbecue or ranch seasoning, topped with cheese and/ or bacon bits.  Really good! 

Above are my potatoes that I prepare at home.  I scrub a potato (don't bother peeling it) and slice it  long ways and wide width as thin as possibe with a vegetable peeler.  ( hey, it works for me)
Deep fry them and season with creole seasoning. 

We top with cheese, or cheese sauce or nacho cheese sauce from the dollar store.  ( they have a nacho cheese sauce in a squeeze bottle at Dollar General that is very close in taste to what our local eatery uses.  It's located down their dollar isle. Think it's called Mr. Moo )

Then sprinkle on bacon I cooked and crumbled or we cheat and buy real bacon bits for salads.

Then drizzle with Ranch dressing.

Yummy!  Perfect if you are craving take out!

You can experiement with different toppings on these and go for something different say taco or chili for a few starters.  Lots of ways to use these.  They are great alone. They taste just like potato chips but cheaper! 

Happy eating!